|Better Farming Series 27. Freshwater Fish Farming: How to Begin (FAO, 1979, 43 p.)|
84. You must take care of your pond every day when you take food to your fish.
85. Be sure the pond is full of water.
86. Be sure the screens are in place so that your fish cannot get away.
87. Do not let weeds cover more than one quarter of the surface. If there are too many pull them up.
88. Cut the weeds and grass on the banks of the pond.
89. Be sure the water is not leaking through the banks. If you find leaks stop them up right away with good soil.
90. Get rid of birds, frogs, turtles, rats and snakes. They can hurt your fish.