|Better Farming Series 27. Freshwater Fish Farming: How to Begin (FAO, 1979, 43 p.)|
113. Be sure that your pond is very clean.
114. Repair the banks and cut the weeds and grass around the pond.
115. Fill the pond with water as before. Be sure to use a screen to keep out bad fish.
116. Put compost in the crib.
117. Then put 200 of your baby fish back in the pond.
118. If you have more baby fish than you need, sell some to a neighbour to help him start fish farming.
119. You will see that by farming fish you can provide for your family better
and you will have
· fresh fish to eat
· fish to dry, smoke and store
· fish to sell at market
120. If your family is not too big you will have more fish to sell
and you and your family can live better.