Workshop on Digital Libraries, 14 –18 December 2002, Khartoum, Sudan, by Sudan British Council with collaboration with Documentation and Information Centre of National Centre for Research and Sudatel Training Centre: THE IMPACT OF NCR-DIC READINESS IN REALIZING SUDAN DIGITAL LIBRARY / By Rafaa Ashmallah Ghobrial||
1. To make relevant information available to researchers, students, investors etc. in the various fields of knowledge all over the country.
2. To contribute towards formulating and developing a national documentation service and information system to the benefit of Sudan and other countries.
3. To set up national nodes and encourage use of existing mechanism for accessing and exchanging information.
4. To improve provision of equipment and facilities to the documentation centres, coupled with staff training to ensure their effective use
5. To organize symposia, seminars, workshops etc. for the mutual exchange of experience by Librarians, documentalists and information Scientists in different institutions.
6. To institutionalize information functions within the national development system so as to ensure that the information services are sustainable together with development projects and plans.