Workshop on Digital Libraries, 14 –18 December 2002, Khartoum, Sudan, by Sudan British Council with collaboration with Documentation and Information Centre of National Centre for Research and Sudatel Training Centre: THE IMPACT OF NCR-DIC READINESS IN REALIZING SUDAN DIGITAL LIBRARY / By Rafaa Ashmallah Ghobrial||
This assessment will clarify that NCR-DIC readiness and ability to make a national digital library as reality with emphasis on:
· Financial capacity and degree of financial accountability;
· Staff motivation and preparedness;
· Administrative support is expected from Ministry of Science and Technology as part of its strategy in the coming three years;
· Appropriateness of collections, which are valuable and available in Sudan collections as comments of our clients specially decision makers, Library and Information consultants and visitors;
· Existing technical infrastructure and ability to acquire new technical infrastructure
· Acquired experience will definitely help in the adoption of technologies in NDIS will result in adoption of digitization projects.
· NCR is Fully fledged institute and has project management and strategic planning capacities (reference to NCR annual reports and Literature)
· NCR-DIC acts as national focal points for regional/international information/global information systems as well as bilateral /international cooperation, and has previous experience success in fund raising.
· NCR-DIC can benefit partly of current projects with external funding such as SLDS, RIIS, and AFRICALINK etc.
· Facilities for readiness and sustainability