Curtis Administration Building
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Curtis Hall was constructed as the Limestone College Administration Building. It was added to the Limestone Springs Hotel Building in 1899. Curtis is a two story, brick building which features a rectangular central tower with a decorative pediment. It features a variety of architectural styles, including a Neo-Classical pediment over two-story columns and a French Empire-style cupola. The two story pedimented portico and Doric columns were added in 1939. It is named for Limestone College founder Thomas Curtis.
Hopper, C. G., Jr., and Bobby G. Moss. Toward the Light. Gaffney, SC: Limestone College, 1998.
Limestone Springs Historic District [including Limestone College]. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1986.
McMillan, Montague, A History of Limestone College, 1845-1970. Columbia, SC: R. L. Bryan Company, 1970.
Taylor, Walter Carroll. History of Limestone College. Gaffney, SC: Limestone College, 1937.