Arthur S. Holden Center
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The Arthur S. Holden Center, designed by WTW Architects of Cleveland, was built on the Lake Erie College campus in 1997. The three-story building, constructed of red brick and glass, carries out the same premise of the Lincoln Commons, which it replaced--that of "dining in the treetops." The building is set into a hill so that different levels are entered from various sides of campus. The tops of the glass panels are designed to imitate the tower on the college's landmark building, College Hall (built in 1859), and thus to combine the old with the new.
The Holden Center houses the college cafeteria and dining area on the main (second) floor; faculty offices, classrooms, and a conference room on the third floor; the bookstore, computer laboratory, and student development areas on the first floor.