E. W. King Library and Administration Building
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
One very important architectural feature of the building is its numerous specially-shaped bricks, which set the standard for many buildings to follow with special shapes for window sills, corners, water tables, cornice work, etc. The campus was written up in a national publication of brick manufacturers for the quality of its appearance.
The seal of the Southern Presbyterian Church appears on the face of the library over the door. This seal became obsolete when the Southern Presbyterian church rejoined its northern version in 1984. Until 1979, King College had been an official college of the Southern Presbyterian denomination. After 1979, it became a college independent of any church control, but it has continued to maintain and build its relationships with the Presbyterian Church, USA, and with other denominations.
Landscape Master Plan. Narrative and drawings. King College, Bristol, TN.
Selected items from Collection of Master Plans. 1917, 1931, 1952 and 1968. King College Archives, King College, Bristol, TN.
Thompson & Litton Architects. Master Plan [King College]. Narrative and drawings. [Wise, VA: Thompson & Litton Architects], October 1998 and 1999.