| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Tadlock-Wallace was built in 1920 as the home of the first King College president. The original design included servants' living quarters and a rear servants' entrance.
It received a major remodeling in the 1940s when the garage was expanded to house a "modern" vehicle; a breakfast nook was also added to the house at that time. It was remodeled again in the early 1990s, and underwent a significant remodeling in 2001 to restore it to its former glory and condition.
After the 2nd president's home (the DeFriece Place) was opened, Tadlock-Wallace served as rental housing and a dorm. Since the last remodeling, it has served as the home for the Peeke School of Christian Missions. The school is named after Dr. M. Catherine Peeke, class of 1947, who shared Christianity with the Waorani tribe in Ecuador.
Landscape Master Plan. Narrative and drawings. King College, Bristol, TN.
Selected items from Collection of Master Plans. 1917, 1931, 1952 and 1968. King College Archives, King College, Bristol, TN.
Thompson & Litton Architects. Master Plan [King College]. Narrative and drawings. [Wise, VA: Thompson & Litton Architects], October 1998 and 1999.