| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The Francis E. Bond family commissioned Horace Trumbauer to build Willow Brook and stables in 1906. The house was sold in 1914 to Roland Taylor, who renamed it "Treweryn."
In 1947 the house and 84 acres were sold to the Sisters of Mercy, and the house was renamed Assumption Hall. It has been used as a convent, student dormitory, and classroom building. Most recently it has served as an administration building.
Kathrens, Michael C. American Splendor: The Residential Architecture of Horace Trumbauer. New York: Acanthus Press, 2002, 128-34.
"A New Influence in the Architecture of Philadelphia." Architectural Record (February 1904).
Ruth, Phil Johnson. Fair Land Gwynedd: A Pictorial History of Southeastern Pennsylvania's Gwynedd Township, Upper Gwynedd Township, and North Wales Borough. Souderton, PA: Merck, Sharp and Dohme, 1991, 111-18, 1160.