| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
This building, originally two hundred and twelve feet long and one hundred feet wide, has undergone extensive alteration and adaptation for use as a classroom facility, dining hall and kitchens, sleeping quarters, and offices. The exterior on the south side closely resembles the original architectural design with the exception of a handsome tower in the center of the building that caught fire in 1932 and had to be removed. The design is Georgian but less elaborate than the Mansion. In addition to necessary interior alterations, two wings were added to the north side. A small church situated in the new wings by an exterior colonnade is in classic Doric style. These additions were made to conform to the Georgian style of the original structure.
Geis, M. Christina. Georgian Court. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1978.
Geis, M. Christina. Georgian Court: An Estate of the Guilded Age. Philadelphia: Philadelphia Art Alliance Press, 1983.
H2L2, LLP. Campus Master Plan [Georgian Court University]. [Philadelphia: H2L2], April 2003.