| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The Sisters of St. Joseph founded Fontbonne University 1907 as a college for women. Construction on the campus began in 1924 after sufficient funds were available, and the three granite structures that were built (Ryan Hall, Science Building, and East Building) represent the culmination of the Sisters' hopes and dreams of making a contribution to the higher education of women. The current structures are in good condition and have been modified over the years to better suit the needs of the students.