L. A. Raulerson Building
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The L.A. Raulerson Building was originally the Carter, Wallbridge, and Hawkins Seminars. These were designed and constructed as three separate but integrated classroom cubicles. The walls contain few windows with the interior accented by the colored glass inserts in the concrete blocks. In 1958 and 1959 the three buildings were incorporated into one structure and air conditioned. A northwest wing was added in 1964 and 1965, and it was renamed the L.A. Raulerson Building (from National register report).
Florida Southern College. Historic American Buildings Survey report and photos. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, [n.d.].
Florida Southern College: The First Hundred Years. Lakeland, FL: Florida Southern College, 1985.
Frank Lloyd Wright Quarterly 12, no. 3 (2001).
Rogers, Steven B. "The Frank Lloyd Wright Campus at Florida Southern College: A Child of the Sun." Frank Lloyd Wright Quarterly 12 (Summer 2001): 4-23.