| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Vaughn Chapel is a modern facility built in the shape of a fairy stone for which this area is known. This magnificent structure is used as the campus chapel and also serves as the regular meeting location for the Saint James congregation. A wing of the building houses the art department.
The chapel's image provides the background for the college logo, and it represents the College's continuing commitment to faith based education and its connection to the United Methodist Church.
Hurt, Frank Benjamin. A History of Ferrum College: An Uncommon Challenge 1914-1974. Roanoke, VA: Stone Printing Company, 1977.