| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Schoolfield Hall is one of the original buildings constructed in the early years following the founding of Ferrum College. Because Ferrum has deep roots and strong ties to the United Methodist Church, this facility is very symbolic of the history and church connections of the school. This building served as the college chapel and home of the Saint James Congregation until a new chapel was constructed in 1970.
Hurt, Frank Benjamin. A History of Ferrum College: An Uncommon Challenge 1914-1974. Roanoke, VA: Stone Printing Company, 1977.