| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Named for industrialist and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, Carnegie Hall allowed Elmira College to greatly expand its science education program, adding to the success of the college. At the time of construction, Carnegie Hall was a state of the art science building. Renovations have kept the building up to date, and it is still used by nursing and science students.
Barber, William Charles. Elmira College: The First Hundred Years. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1955.
Johnstone, Janette. Elmira College Old Campus. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1984.