Gillett Memorial Hall
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Gillett Hall was the gift of Solomon L. Gillett. The May 1891 edition of The Sibyl (an Elmira College literary magazine) details the excitement of the campus when the building was being constructed. The growing college needed the building to enhance its music education program, which upon the building's completion in 1891 was moved from Cowles Hall to its new location in Gillett. The building is in excellent condition.
Barber, William Charles. Elmira College: The First Hundred Years. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1955.
Johnstone, Janette. Elmira College Old Campus. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1984.