| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Hamilton Hall is a beautiful English Collegiate Gothic building with oak ceilings and loaded English windows. Hamilton Hall, originally the college library when it was built in 1925, added a jewel to the Elmira College campus and the city of Elmira. The building is still used for offices, and its "Great Hall" is used for concerts .
Barber, William Charles. Elmira College: The First Hundred Years. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1955.
Klauder, Charles Z,. and Herbert C. Wise. College Architecture in America and Its Part in the Development of the Campus. New York and London: C. Scribner's Sons, 1929.