Simplot Hall and Simplot Dining Hall
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The historic appearance of this structure has been altered only by the expansion of the dining hall. The remodeling projects have harmonized with the original design.
The significance of the building lies in its donor and namesake, J.R. Simplot of Boise, who has been a trustee of the school since 1944. Simplot, founder and president of the J.R. Simplot Company, built his first food processing plant in Caldwell just prior to WWII. His company supplied troops with food during that conflict, and the company's subsequent growth has made Mr. Simplot one of the wealthiest men in America. Many members of his family (children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren) are alumni of the college.
Attebery, Louie W. Albertson College of Idaho: The Second Hundred Years. Caldwell, ID: Albertson College of Idaho, 1999.
Attebery, Louie W. The College of Idaho 1891-1991: A Centennial History. Caldwell, ID: Caxton Publishers, 1991.