| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Commissioned by Drake University in 1937, Cowles Library was designed by the team of architects Proudfoot, Rawson, and Brooks-Borg. It is located at the heart of campus and replaced the Carnegie library, once Drake's main library and now home to the Drake University Law Library. Constructed of brick veneer and concrete, Cowles Library functions today as the main university library and offices.