| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
When it was built in 1899, Dexter Hall was a four story brick building with an entrance porch. It originally contained dormitory suites, a gymnasium, and later a swimming pool, and it was connected to Wilson Hall by a covered passage. Dexter Hall was renovated in 1960 and converted into a dormitory.
Eaddy, Mary Ann. Converse College Historic District. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1975.
Kibler, Lillian Adele. The History of Converse College. Spartanburg, SC: Converse College, 1973.
Willis, Jeffrey R. Converse College: A Pictorial History. Spartanburg, SC: Converse College, 2001.