| Click on image titles for larger views. |
| Institution Name: University of the Cumberlands |
Original/Historic Place Name: Johnson Hall
Location on Campus: Main St.
Date(s) of Construction:
| 1893||original construction |
Type of Place: Individual building
Style: Other (Glossary)
Significance: culture, education, history, religion
Narrative: see below
References: see below
| Materials: |
| 1893-present (2006)||residence hall (women)|
Gillespie Hall, formerly called Johnson Hall, was built in 1893. It was named for William J. Johnson, the first president of the school. The building has always served as a residence hall for women, and more recently exclusively for freshman women.