| Click on image titles for larger views. |
| Institution Name: University of the Cumberlands |
Original/Historic Place Name: Gray Brick Building
Location on Campus: Walnut St.
Date(s) of Construction:
| n.d.||construction information unknown |
Type of Place: Individual building
Style: Victorian, Regionalist/Vernacular (Glossary)
Significance: culture, education, history, religion
Narrative: see below
References: see below
| Materials: |
| 1955-present (2006)||classrooms|
| 1955-present (2006)||academic department building|
The Bennett Building, formerly named the Gray Brick Building, was built in 1907 and purchased from Highland College and the Congregationalists the same year, thus consolidating the two sides of the campus that are now the University of the Cumberlands. The building has been used as an administrative building and since 1955 has served as a classroom building.