| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Jesse Hall was built in 1924. The building is named for Rev. F.W.C. Jesse, Concordia's second President. The building was originally constructed as a dormitory. Currently, the building houses the Marxhausen Art Gallery, classrooms, offices, photography lab and studio. Jesse Hall has a concrete column and beam framework with a concrete pan joist floor system for both the first and second floors. The foundation walls are constructed of cast in place concrete columns with brick veneer.
Campus Master Plan. January 2001. Archives, Concordia University, Seward, NE.
Moulds, Kristine M. Generations of Sowers Sharing the Word: A Centennial History of Concordia College, Seward, Nebraska. Virginia Beach, VA: Donning Co., c1994.