| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Weller Hall was originally constructed in 1925. The building is named for Concordia's first President, Rev. George Weller. The auditorium/chapel addition was constructed in 1952. This room is used for daily chapel services, concerts, convocations, drama productions, movies and other events. The building also accomodates administrative offices and classrooms. Weller Hall is constructed of concrete masonry units for bearing, foundation, and partition walls. The floor systems are concrete slabs on steel deck on steel joints. The roof system is steel deck on steel joists. The chapel addition roof structure is steel joist girders and steel deck. The building has been renovated numerous times to accomodate changing functions.
Campus Master Plan. January 2001. Archives, Concordia University, Seward, NE.
Moulds, Kristine M. Generations of Sowers Sharing the Word: A Centennial History of Concordia College, Seward, Nebraska. Virginia Beach, VA: Donning Co., c1994.