Bishop Whipple Hall
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Built as a preparatory school in 1882, this building was named for the first Episcopal Bishop of Minnesota and purchased by Norwegian Lutherans in 1891 as the Main Building of newly founded Concordia College. As facilities were added, it was mainly used as a women's residence hall. The building was renovated in 1988-1989 to accommodate academic offices and classroom space for the departments of classical studies, German and Norwegian, and philosophy.
Englehardt, Carroll. On Firm Foundation Grounded: The First Century of Concordia College (1891-1991). Moorhead, MN: Concordia College, 1991.