| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The small columned rotunda familiarly known as The Columns is important to the history of Columbia College because it recalls the architecture of the 1910 main building that burned in 1964. The Columns was erected in 1979 through the generosity of an alumna who had attended Columbia College prior to the burning of the main building complex that had served as classrooms, administrative offices, and dormitory. The Columns is regularly maintained because it is frequently used for campus ceremonies and social events, such as the Christmas Tree Lighting and weddings.
Savory, Jerold. Columbia College: The Ariail Era. Columbia, SC: R. L. Bryan, 1979.