| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The building now called Miller Manor has served The College of Wooster well in three distinct roles for over a century. Sold to the College by a long-time trustee and benefactor (John Kauke), whose name graces the college's primary academic building, it has served as the president's house, and administrative building, and a residence hall. The only true example of mid 19th century architecture remaining on campus, Miller Manor is the closest link to Wooster's founding in 1866. Students especially seek to live there because of its traditional place in Wooster's history. For its 131 years it is in very good condition.
Notestein, Lucy Lilian. Wooster of the Middle West. New Haven: Published for the College of Wooster by Yale University Press, 1937. Reprint, Kent, OH: Kent State University Press, 1971.
Siekkinen, George, Jr. College of Wooster. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1980.