| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Benildus Hall was the very first building designed and erected after the acquisition of the Bruns Army Hospital by the Christian Brothers in 1947. Benildus Hall's construction became the prototype for most of the buildings built on campus between 1960 and 1975. The building originally housed the library, which was later relocated across campus to the Fogelson facility. Benildus Hall was an early example of sweat-equity construction, having enlisted the construction skills of the Christian brothers, students, and alumni. Materials for its construction were in many instances provided at cost or donated by local entities; for instance, a Brick manufacturer in Pueblo, Colorado donated the yellow bricks.
Today, Benildus Hall houses most of the classroom space on campus and is also home to two of the college's most successful programs: Creative Writing and Evening and Weekend programs.