| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The first and ground floors of Chidwick were renovated in 1979. Only two classrooms on the third floor are functional. The auditorium is not useable.
The building was renamed in 1935 to honor Rt. Rev. John P. Chidwick, hero--chaplain of the battleship "The Maine" during the Spanish-American War and third President of the College (1923 1935). Chidwick Hall, part of the campus quadrangle, was the College's first classroom, gymnasium, and auditorium building.