| Click on image titles for larger views. |
| Institution Name: College of New Rochelle |
Original/Historic Place Name: Holy Family Chapel
Location on Campus: Hemlock Ln.
Date(s) of Construction:
Designer: R. H. Dana Jr.
| 1923||original construction Dana, R. H., Jr. |
| 1930||renovation |
| 1953-1954||renovation |
| 1960||renovation |
| 1984||renovation |
Type of Place: Individual building
Style: Gothic revival, Other (Glossary)
Significance: architecture, religion
Narrative: see below
References: see below
| Materials: |
| 1923-present (2006)||chapel|
The Chapel has served as the spiritual center of the College since its founding. It was built in the English Collegiate Gothic style to match the other buildings of the College and forms part of the campus quadrangle.
Holy Family Chapel is presently undergoing renovation. Other renovations took place in 1930, 1953 1954, 1960, and 1984.