| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Sterry Hall was completed in 1910 and was one of the first two buildings on the present campus site. Originally, this three-story French Renaissance revival, with its classical portico, cut stone sills, and dentils at the roofline, was the sole administrative and academic building on campus. While the campus has grown considerably since that time, Sterry still serves many functions. Today it is home to the college archives and the meeting room for the Board of Trustees, as well as instructional space and administrative and faculty offices. A 1995 restoration project restored the building's exterior to its original historical appearance and was subsequently cited with an award for excellence by the Idaho Preservation Trust (an Orchid Award).
Attebery, Louie W. Albertson College of Idaho: The Second Hundred Years. Caldwell, ID: Albertson College of Idaho, 1999.
Attebery, Louie W. The College of Idaho 1891-1991: A Centennial History. Caldwell, ID: Caxton Publishers, 1991.
Hibbard, Don. Sterry Hall. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1978.