| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Opened in 1929, Adelphi University was one of the first universities built on Long Island. The campus's three original buildings--Levermore Hall, Blodgett Hall, and Woodruff Hall--were designed by McKim, Mead & White, an East coast architectural firm with a national reputation. Although the buildings have undergone some necessary renovations, they retain their original design.
The Architecture of McKim, Mead & White in Photographs, Plans and Elevations. Mineola, NY: Dover Publications, 1990.
Greenberg, Allen. Monograph of the Work of McKim, Mead & White 1879-1915. New York: Architectural Book Publishing Company, 1991.
McKim, Mead & White. Recent Buildings Designed for Educational Institutions. Philadelphia: Beck Engraving, 1936.
Roth, Leland. McKim, Mead & White, Architects. New York: Harper & Row, 1983.
Wilson, Richard Guy. McKim, Mead & White Architects. New York: Rizzoli, 1983.