Buhl Science Center
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Buhl Hall was built in 1929 and enlarged and renovated in 2001. W. L. Smith was the architect for original building, and Einhorn Yaffee Prescott for the 2001 edition. Buhl is a Georgian revival building that has housed Chatham's science programs since its construction. The addition was designed to have minimal impact on the original buildings appearance and physical fabric. Attached at the rear, the new wing incorporates and reveals the original building's masonry wall in a three-story central atrium.
Larson, Jens Frederick, and Archie MacInnes Palmer. Architectural Planning of the American College. New York and London: McGraw-Hill, 1933.
Neuman, David J. Building Type Basics for College and University Facilities. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley, 2003.