| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
This interior limestone arch was the entrance to the college's original building, Old Main, which was destroyed by fire in 1956. The current Victory Arch was completed in 1984 and serves as a campus landmark with special traditions. The entering freshmen class passes "in" through the Victory Arch during orientation and the graduating class passes "out" through the Victory Arch to commencement. The arch stood on the southeast corner of Chapel lawn for may years before it was rebuilt atop the Harold Walter Siebens Forum in 1984-1985
Cumberland, William H. History of Buena Vista College. Ames, IA: Iowa State University Press, 1991.
Dober, Lidsky, Craig and Associates. Buena Vista University Campus Plan. [Belmont, MA: Dober, Lidsky, Craig and Associates], 1999.