Simmons Visual Arts Center
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The building was constructed in 1914 by President Simmons in memory of his wife Lessie. The original stained glass windows are still in place, as are the original wood floor and Italian tile in the entry, the original Adam's style plaster ceiling and panels walls in the President's Office, the original metal ceiling in the studios, and the original fireplaces and mantels in several rooms. The building is in very good condition.
Waskiewicz, Lyn. Brenau College District. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1978.