| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Pearce Auditorium was built in 1896 and seats 720 people. The mansard roof line is pierced by several dormers; four pairs of arched doors serve as the entry. The majority of the architectural features are original. A sensitive renovation in 1983 preserved the original stained glass window. The brick has been painted, and the building is in very good condition.
Pearce Auditorium is meaningful in its capacity as the formal gathering place for the Women's College since its inception. In addition, the greater Gainesville Community uses the facility for a variety of cultural functions.
Waskiewicz, Lyn. Brenau College District. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1978.