| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Originally serving as the president's house, and built for Samuel Martin, president of Wilson College from 1895 to 1903, this brown brick two-story house later served as the college infirmary. Today it houses the offices of college advancement, including the alumnae offices. It is currently known as Alumnae House and is in good condition.
From National Register report:
The building is designed similarly to South Hall. It is a two-story three-bay Colonial Revival/Foursquare-style house with a hipped roof. It is constructed of brown brick, similar to those used on French House (South Hall) located immediately to the south. The roof covering and hip-roofed dormers appear to be replacements. Windows have single-pane sash. The main entrance is located in the center bay of the front elevation and includes a broad transom and sidelights. A deep porch supported by ionic columns extends across the front. Like South Hall, the building faces west, across lawns, towards Edgar Hall.
Longacre, Judith. The History of Wilson College, 1868-1970. Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellen Press, 1997.
Reed, Paula S. Wilson College. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1995.