| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Carson Hall was built in 1926 and named for Mrs. Anne C. Carson of Cincinnati, Ohio, who left money for its construction in memory of her sister, Mrs. Margaret Kyle. It originally housed the president's office, all other administrative offices, and classrooms. Renovation in 1978 was accomplished through gifts from the George Perkins Foundation and the Kresge Foundation.
Architect A.G. Lamont from the Board of National Missions of the United Presbyterian Church in the USA (UPCUSA) designed several of the first buildings on the campus.
Holden, Reuben A. Warren Wilson College: A Centennial Portrait. [Swannanoa, NC: Warren Wilson College,] 1994.
Jensen, Henry W. A History of Warren Wilson College: On the Occasion the College's Eightieth Anniversary. [s.l.: s.n.,] 1974.
Martin, Elizabeth G., comp. The Buildings of Warren Wilson College. [s.l.: s.n.,] 1972.