| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Using pine logs cut on campus and other materials from college land, the Log Cabin was built in 1933 with student labor (at that time the institution was a high school) for use as the school library. In 1952 student labor was again employed to add the wings to the building. Donations from the Davella Mills Foundation of Montclair, New Jersey and other anonymous matching funds provided these additions.
For many years the staff Christmas party and church events were held in this building. It was also used for social events and weddings for the staff until the Williams Chapel was competed in 1942. With the construction of the new library, the building was converted for the use of the Music and Art departments until Kittredge and Holden Arts Centers were competed. It now houses the Work Program Office and the College Press.
Holden, Reuben A. Warren Wilson College: A Centennial Portrait. [Swannanoa, NC: Warren Wilson College,] 1994.
Jensen, Henry W. A History of Warren Wilson College: On the Occasion the College's Eightieth Anniversary. [s.l.: s.n.,] 1974.
Martin, Elizabeth G., comp. The Buildings of Warren Wilson College. [s.l.: s.n.,] 1972.