| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Dodge House, the oldest building on Warren Wilson College Campus and the first Asheville Farm School home, was erected in 1901 and named for Dr. D. Stuart Dodge, who served as president of the Board of National Missions of the Presbyterian Church. It is an attractive and well-maintained building located in the center of campus. At one time it housed staff families and single female staff with shared kitchen facilities.
It is thought that it might be a kit home in the style of the Sears Roebuck kit homes that were on the market in later years.
Holden, Reuben A. Warren Wilson College: A Centennial Portrait. [Swannanoa, NC: Warren Wilson College,] 1994.
Jensen, Henry W. A History of Warren Wilson College: On the Occasion the College's Eightieth Anniversary. [s.l.: s.n.,] 1974.
Martin, Elizabeth G., comp. The Buildings of Warren Wilson College. [s.l.: s.n.,] 1972.