| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Bedford Hall was given by Miss Elizabeth Voorhees in 1921 to serve as the first specifically-designed dining hall for boarding students and faculty members. It was named in honor of the memory of the Rev. Robert C. Bedford of Beloit, Wisconsin, a member of the first board of trustees. Today, the building houses the Division of Social Sciences and the Family Life Center.
Voorhees College Historic District. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1982.