Booker T. Washington Building
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Booker T. Washington Building was originally opened in 1905 as the Booker T. Washington Hospital. It was the first brick building given to the school by Mr. and Mrs. Voorhees. Through the years the building served as a medical training center, infirmary, community home, and girls' dormitory. The most recent renovation, completed in 1995, turned Booker T. Washington Building into a state-of-the-art faculty research and development center.
Voorhees College Historic District. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1982.