Esther Allen Greer Museum
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Built in the 1880's, the Esther Allen Greer Museum was originally a general store, home, and student boarding house owned by Frank and Miriam Allen. Their son Don was born there. He later became a trustee and benefactor of the University, as well as the owner of one of the largest automobile dealerships of its day. Acquired by Rio Grande College in the 1960's or '70's, the building was condemned in the 1980's, but was saved and renovated through a fundraising campaign led by Esther Allen Greer, widow of Don Allen, son of the early occupants of the building. Today the building houses an art gallery and the university archives.