Council of Independent Colleges Historic Campus Architecture Project

 

 
Parker-Fox Hall

Click on image titles for larger views.
Institution Name: Upper Iowa University
Original/Historic Place Name: Parker-Fox Hall
Location on Campus: about 215 Clark St.
Date(s) of Construction:
1855-1857original construction
Designer: unknown
Type of Place: Individual building
Style: Regionalist/Vernacular (Glossary)
Significance: architecture, history
Narrative: see below
References: see below
Materials:
Foundation: concrete and limestone
Walls: limestone
Roof: pitched copper
 
Function:
ca. 1857chapel (destroyed in fire, became chemistry building)
ca. 1857-2004academic department building (chemistry)
ca. 2004-present (2006)other (Financial Aid office)
ca. 2004-present (2006)admissions office
 

Narrative:
Parker Fox Hall was built ca. 1900 as a chapel. It burned down once and was restored to its original condition, replicating as nearly as possible the original structure. It currently houses the admissions and financial aid offices.
 

References:
 

Contact us / About Site / About CIC
© 2006
Council of Independent Colleges
Washington, DC
All rights reserved
Last update: November 2006