| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Built in 1923, this was the last building constructed using funds donated by Mrs. Cyrus McCormick, and was originally named Gordon Hall in honor of Mrs. McCormick's son. It was renamed in the 1950's to honor a long-time Tusculum professor.
This Colonial Revival structure has many elements of Georgian architecture, including dormers on the third story, arched pediments over the windows, and dentil molding.
Fuhrmann, Joseph T. The Life and Times of Tusculum College. Kingsport, TN: Arcata Graphics, 1986.
Ragan, Allen. A History of Tusculum College, 1794-1944. Bristol, TN: King Printing, 1945.
Reiners, John R. Tusculum College Historic District. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1980.
Sexton, Donal J., Jr., and Myron J. Smith Jr. Glimpses of Tusculum College--A Pictorial History. Marceline, MO: Walsworth Publishing, 1994.
Tusculum College. Historic American Buildings Survey report and photographs. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, [n.d.].