| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Built in 1914 through the generosity of Mrs. Cyrus McCormick, the building was named in honor of Landon Carter "Daddy" Haynes, who taught at Tusculum for 65 years. The building continues to serve its original purpose as a dormitory and is in good condition. Some of the original furnishings supplied by Mrs. McCormick for Haynes and Virginia Halls are still on campus and in use today.
Fuhrmann, Joseph T. The Life and Times of Tusculum College. Kingsport, TN: Arcata Graphics, 1986.
Ragan, Allen. A History of Tusculum College, 1794-1944. Bristol, TN: King Printing, 1945.
Reiners, John R. Tusculum College Historic District. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1980.
Sexton, Donal J., Jr., and Myron J. Smith Jr. Glimpses of Tusculum College--A Pictorial History. Marceline, MO: Walsworth Publishing, 1994.
Tusculum College. Historic American Buildings Survey report and photographs. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, [n.d.].