| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
In 1902 the widow of Christopher Sickler, an early Taylor trustee, donated the funds to construct Sickler Hall. Mrs. Sickler gave out of a desire to "help young ministerial candidates obtain their educational preparation," according to William Ringenberg's Taylor University: The First 150 Years. Because of her generosity, Sickler Hall was built. Today, after more than 100 years, the building has been completely restored and serves the University well as a home for the alumni relations office, the William Taylor Foundation and the Compton Art Gallery. The building is the oldest remaining facility on campus.
Duke, Serena. "Philanthropic Women." Taylor: The Taylor University Magazine (Spring 2005).