| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
In 1951, the Holler Fountain was installed as the centerpiece of Stetson's Quadrangle, bounded by Elizabeth Hall, Sampson Hall, the duPont-Ball Library and Stetson Hall. It was a gift from William E. Holler Jr. of DeLand, to honor his father, William E. Holler of Mount Dora. It was restored in 2002 and is in excellent condition.
Lawns, benches and walkways surround Holler Fountain. It is a common meeting place on campus, and classes are often held outdoors nearby. It is also used for student debates and outdoor university receptions on occasions like homecoming or graduation.
A longstanding Stetson student tradition is to throw fellow students into Holler Fountain on their birthdays.
Johnston, Sidney. "The Historic Stetson University Campus in DeLand, 1884-1934." Florida Historical Quarterly (January 1992): 281-304.
Lycan, Gilbert L. Stetson University: The First Hundred Years. DeLand, FL: Stetson University Press, 1983.
A Walk with the Founders: Stetson University Campus Historic District. Booklet. [DeLand, FL: Stetson University/Public Relations Office], 1996.