Dennis M. Burke Hall
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Known originally as Residence Hall, the building opened for 150 male students in September 1942. Dedication ceremonies were held October 14. It was the first St. Norbert College building erected exclusively for student housing.
In 1945 the building was given the name "Berne Hall" after the Nobertine mother abbey in Holland. On June 1, 1979 it was renamed "Dennis M. Burke Hall" after the second president of the college.
Pieters, Donald L. St. Norbert College Buildings Centennial Edition. De Pere, WI: St. Norbert College, 1998.