Old St. Joseph's Church
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Completely rebuilt in 1889 to replace the original parish church destroyed by fire earlier the same year, Old St. Joseph's Church is a fine Gothic revival building. Its simple country-style box church seats approximately 300. In 1926 an entry portico and steeple were added to the building.
Old St. Joseph's has been renovated several times over the years; the most recent renovation in 1999 included a complete remodeling and the addition of support spaces.
"St. Norbert College Historic District." Historic Preservation Division report. Madison, WI: Wisconsin Historical Society, 2001.